The Greater Houston Business Ethics Roundtable (GHBER) is a voluntary professional organization dedicated to promoting ethical business practices and serving as a forum for the exchange of information and strategies regarding implementation, administration and compliance of ethical business conduct programs.
GHBER was founded at the University of Houston's C. T. Bauer College of Business, with the leadership of Dr. Bette Ann Stead, to provide a level playing field for companies and organizations to discuss problems and share best practices.
GHBER's Mission will be carried out through...
- Roundtable Discussions among members of sponsoring organizations. GHBER will allow, by request or invitation, participation in Roundtable discussions by any member of the community who has an interest in maintaining ethical business structures.
- Service to its members and to the community. GHBER will serve the Greater Houston area.
- Recognition of organizations, of any size, who are making a demonstrable effort to promote ethical business practices.
- Education of the public and for individuals and officers responsible for administering their organization's ethics and compliance programs. GHBER will promote the study of business ethics in colleges and universities.
- Chapter Formation for an ethical support network and implementation of programs at the local level.
- Commitment to uphold and promote ethical business structures and values. Memberships within this organization will be open to organizations and individuals who have made a demonstrable effort to implement business ethics practices, and/or who have a strong desire to implement a business ethics policy.